Leicester: (4-3-3): Schmeichel; Moore (Miquel – 45′), Morgan, Wasilewski, Konchesky; King (James – 45′), Drinkwater, Hammond; Vardy (Wood – 75′), Nugent, Dyer

Unused subs: Logan, Schlupp, Bakayogo, Taylor-Fletcher

Yellow cards: None

Ipswich: (4-4-2) Gerken; Chambers, Berra, Smith, Mings (Hunt – 76′); Anderson (Taylor – 64′), Skuse, Tunnicliffe, Tabb (Nouble – 64′); Murphy, McGoldrick

Unused subs: Loach, Edwards, Wordsworth, Hyam

Yellow cards: Chambers

Referee: Oliver Langford

Attendance: 18,227


In form striker David Nugent’s incredible run against Ipswich continued as his two goals in six second-half minutes proved the difference in Leicester’s 2-1 win at Portman Road and to be fair to Ipswich the home team made a storming start when their top scorer and forest old boy, David McGoldrick, put them ahead with less than two minutes on the clock, most foxes fans must have feared the worst. But the Foxes responded brilliantly after the break with Nugent twice capitalising on the flying Lloyd Dyer’s buildup play to make it an amazing 13 goals in 12 matches against the Suffolk side which is a magnificent return and it seems Nugent is back to scoring ways on the pitch not just from the spot.

Ipswich caught their high-flying visitors cold after just one minute and 45 seconds. There appeared to be little danger when McGoldrick picked up the ball about 25 yards out, but the in-form striker’s low shot went under a bemused Kasper Schmeichel for his seventh of the season, the foxes looked to hit back instantly but Nugent’s shot from an acute angle went wide.

The visitors, second at kick-off, almost contrived to concede a second with only eight minutes played when Paul Konchesky’s back pass was woefully under-hit but Schmeichel smothered McGoldrick’s side-footed shot.

Leicester came closest to levelling with three minutes to play in the first half when Andy King met Danny Drinkwater’s corner and Dean Gerken had to be alert to tip over. But in the 51st minute the foxes were level with a cracking goal, both in terms of build-up play and execution. Dyer’s run down the left saw his cross teed up by Jamie Vardy and Nugent buried a 12-yard shot into the corner.

Town were on the ropes and Dyer’s cross almost again provided dividends but Vardy’s powerful half-volley was blocked by the chest of home goalkeeper Gerken. It mattered not as Dyer burst onto Drinkwater’s perfect through ball to round Gerken and tee up Nugent for his and the Foxes’ second to complete a dramatic six-minute turnaround.

Shell-shocked Ipswich looked to fight back and substitute Paul Taylor’s teasing cross was headed just wide by Luke Chambers in the 73rd minute. Within 60 seconds, it was the visitors who almost extended their lead when some great work by Vardy saw a low cross clipped just over by the advancing Dyer.

Ipswich huffed and puffed but never looked likely clawing back an equaliser, McGoldrick’s speculative long-ranger curler was the closest they came.

At the other end, Nugent came close to a hat-trick but narrowly missed the far post after breaking clear down the left.